November 25, 2012

Words of Thought

Why look up to Coretta or Michelle Obama?
When I could easily look up to my momma
 Have a role model with much wealth
Shit I don't need them I'm a model myself
 I'm not the nicest and I often curse people out
 But I'm good at heart and that's what life's about
well I hope so, you know I'm still young
I plan to get old in this world
And see the whole thing with my ole girl
Thinking about her all day and night
and In dream land we still together
 but there we never fight
 in there everything is just right, like reality could be
Think about all the things that we should be
Think about all the things that we should do
 I'm thinking about the future
 and it without you I'm still successful in life
 But what's king without his wife
that man would lose his mind
So I'm thankful that I have mine
For now, because who knows what the future holds
 Today I could be poor, tomorrow I find a pot of gold
 then I drop this life and buy me a lot of hoes
 I mean like a whole lot of them, filling up every acre
 Na I wouldn't do that,
if I got rich I'd give it back to the people who made my life easy
The people who opened my eyes to bigger things
Then closed my eyes to bigger dreams
They say bigger means better
I thought it was the blacker
So I wear all black to set a statement
I'm saying that I'm bound for greatness
And you should be thankful to know me
So you can tell your kids you knew me personally
Guess I'm a little bit ahead of myself
Cockiness is better than not feeling yourself
Just think of all of the kids who kill themselves
Someone should've taught them how to feel themselves
Feel like you're the greatest the world has to offer
Make people glad to have you on their roster
Even the kids without parents, you know the fosters
I know you don't feel loved but you gotta love the inside
Look in the mirror and see tons of pride
They tell me to think of all the ones that died
For me to have my freedom, and go to school
Well actually I just feel sorry for those old fools
I mean I know it was all for a good cause
 But it kinda doesn't mean much anymore ............... or does it?